Sunday, March 20, 2016

One Flew Under the Cuckoo's Nest


Spring was my mom’s favorite season and inspired the design of my paper mache shelf.  The shelf is hand made exclusively of paper mache and the birdcage is created from recycled wire.   After I created the shelf and birdcage, I assembled elements from my mom’s life that represent her passions.  To complete my sculpture, I used elements from mom’s life, including her baby photo. 

What I learned:  Thread does not photograph well.  I draped pink and yellow thread through the birdcage wires, but it was difficult for the camera to pick this up.  Next time, I’ll use a much heavier thread, perhaps embroidery thread.
As a side note to relatives:  I didn’t use grandpa’s cuckoo’s clock while making this piece.  I found a broken one at Value Village that I used.   

No comments:

Post a Comment