Along with vintage cigar boxes, I also inherited old shipping tags. The warping of the shipping tags did concern me at first. However, as soon as I started painting, the tags flattened out on their own. I love it when problems solve themselves.
· For this tag, I made a background using acrylic paint. Click HERE to see tutorial.
· The bird is a stamp. I stamped him onto card stock. I then colored him in with colored pencils and glued him to the tag. His eye is an enamel black dot, which I “dotted” using a white Signo uni-ball pen. I also used the Signo uni-ball to make the dots on the inside of the circles.
· The black branch is a transfer rub from Tim Holtz.
· The roses at the bottom are from a 1920’s Valentine postcard.
· Finishing Touches: I used a black marker to go around all edges and silk ribbon to tie it off.