Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Halloween . . . already?


I’m finally able to cross off all the back to school chores.  School supplies and clothes purchased.  Check.  Orientations attended.  Check.  Paperwork filled out and turned in.  Check.  School fees paid.  Check.  It’s time to sit back and relax.  That’s when my 10-year-old starts talking about Halloween.  What are our plans?  What should he be for Halloween?  Will there be any parties?  That’s when I realized Halloween will be here before we know it.  As I chatted about Halloween with my excited son, I was inspired to sketch a Halloween picture . . . . a witch throwing a fireball.  The witch was quick and simple.  That small fireball was my struggle.  I’ve never drawn fire before and didn’t realize how difficult it is to make a drawing resemble fire without using color.  After many erasures I still wasn’t happy.  That’s when I decided to adopt my teenage son’s adage:  Good ‘Nuff.  So here’s my sketch entitled:  Flying Witch with a Good ‘Nuff fireball. 

No comments:

Post a Comment