Sunday, March 5, 2017

Framed Bird Cage Collage



I have the habit of re-doing my art projects until I get them just right.  This piece came from one of my re-do’s.  I loved the bird, the wire cage and the bird’s wire “birthday hat.”  Unfortunately, I didn’t love the substrate which housed him.  While trying to find a new home for my bird, I was also trying to figure out what to do with the cool frame.  It was a little damaged and couldn’t hold glass in its present condition.  Then the two ideas came together.  . . . bird cage in a frame.  I’m rather happy with it.
   
I used very old wire to make the bird cage.  I twisted the wires together and made a loop for the top.  I then clipped the loop onto a clipboard, and formed the sides and front of the birdcage. 


No comments:

Post a Comment