Tuesday, February 21, 2017

How to create shipping tag collages


Along with vintage cigar boxes, I also inherited old shipping tags.  The warping of the shipping tags did concern me at first.  However, as soon as I started painting, the tags flattened out on their own. I love it when problems solve themselves. 

·      For this tag, I made a background using acrylic paint.  Click HERE to see tutorial. 

·      The bird is a stamp.  I stamped him onto card stock.  I then colored him in with colored pencils and glued him to the tag.  His eye is an enamel black dot, which I “dotted” using a white Signo uni-ball pen.  I also used the Signo uni-ball to make the dots on the inside of the circles. 

·      The black branch is a transfer rub from Tim Holtz.

·       The roses at the bottom are from a 1920’s Valentine postcard.

·       Finishing Touches:   I used a black marker to go around all edges and silk ribbon to tie it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment