Wednesday, February 1, 2017

How to Make a Stencil Using Hot Glue


I’ve been brainstorming ways to get more use out of my hot glue gun.  I was trying to put texture onto a canvas when I realized I could make stencils with my gun.  First, I sketched what I wanted my stencil to look like. 
I then covered my paper with a piece of parchment paper.  Be sure to use parchment paper, rather than wax paper.  It’s probably obvious that the hot glue will stick to the wax paper.  Well, let’s just say that I double checked that theory and yes, indeed, hot glue does stick to wax paper.

Then I traced the lines of my sketch with the hot glue gun.  Here’s what my stencil looked like when I was done. 

The possibilities are endless.  I’ll be using this stencil in an upcoming project. 









No comments:

Post a Comment