Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Altered Cigar Box


I was given a lovely selection of cigar boxes.  They were all similar in shape and size, except for the one above.  I liked the square shape and how it opened with a slant.  I decided to alter this cigar box into a Rolodex-style box to organize my yearly goals . . month by month.  To see how I attached the drawer pull click HERE


After decorating the box, I made monthly tabs out of background papers I had painted earlier. 

I then made cards out of cardstock, to go behind the monthly tabs.  Each card represents one category of my monthly goals.  I used fine tip Sharpies to draw the lines and finished the cards by stamping titles on each. 



I didn’t touch the image on the inside of the cigar box as I felt it was perfect as is.


Here’s what my goal box looks like on the inside: 


Now I have no excuse for not working towards my goals.  Well, none right now, anyways. 







No comments:

Post a Comment