Saturday, August 15, 2015

Finding Inspiration: The Animation Art of Chuck Jones at EMP. What’s Up Doc?


EMP (Seattle) is currently displaying the works of Chuck Jones, the artist/animator behind Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Wile E. Coyote, and the road runner (among others).
I really enjoyed looking at the original sketches of the Looney Tunes gang.  I loved how the sketches were drawn upon simple white paper, similar to copy paper.  No art journal or fancy papers here. There were also several large abstract backgrounds on display showing just how creative Chuck Jones was.  Unfortunately, I wasn’t allowed to take any pictures of the illustrations to share.   

I enjoy sketching and after seeing the works of Chuck Jones, I wanted to go home and grab my sketch pad. 




No comments:

Post a Comment